Monday, March 30, 2020

Sharing projects and some suffrage humor


Diann is a regular reader of this blog and shared this photo of the quilt she has been working on.  We all need some sunshine right now and this quilt makes me smile every time I see it!  Diann blogs on Little Penguin Quilts and you can go here if you want to see more of her work!  I believe this quilt was part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge that many bloggers participate in.  The quilt is a welcome ray of sunshine during these dark times.

This week I'm not going to post anything heavy on the blog.  I thought I would feature a little book published in 1912 called Mother Goose As a Suffragette.  As it states in the beginning of the book:
Some of you may remember my Jack and Jill post from October which featured a verse from this book that was syndicated in newspapers.  

If you haven't started a quilt for the Suffrage Centennial Quilt Challenge, these posts may give you some inspiration.  There are lots of free online embroidery patterns of nursery rhymes that you could embroider or use a pigma pen to draw on a piece of muslin.  You could even color the piece with markers or crayon if you like.

Some humor on Antis:

And if you like dogs, you could always feature a dog on your quilt:
Stay safe and healthy!


1 comment:

  1. It was fun to click on your post and see my Sprouts and Sunflowers, Michele! Thanks for featuring me today. Those little rhymes are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete