Friday, June 14, 2024

Flower Friday: June 14, 2024

 



Happy Flower Friday!

I feel like I'm smelling like dirt nearly everyday this season.  I'm out working in the garden every morning before it gets warm.  This week I was cutting back the rhododendrons.  I have to prune them every two to three years because they get so big here.  I was shocked as I pruned one that I was seeing something blue.  Two of the rhodies had grown so close that I didn't realize an hydrangea seeded, grew and was in full bloom!


Meanwhile in Illinois...

Nann sent two photos from Illinois Beach State Park!
Thank you Nann!


Above:  White False Indigo, Baptisia Alba


Bumblebee on foxglove!

Thanks Nann!

Wishing you a safe and flowerful weekend!



3 comments:

  1. Yay on the surprise hydrangea! So pretty. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be hot and sunny all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your floral header. It just shouts "Summer". The hydrangea is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete