Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Washington's Puzzle

 


Good morning and happy Wednesday!

I was going through some photos of my quilts and tops and found one that I don't think I've shared with you before.

It's called Washington's Puzzle and I think my top is a variation, I'll call it circa 1970.


I purchased it because I had never seen anything like it before.


It's a variation because the Washington's Puzzle is a little different.

From Quilter's Cache, a wonderful website with lots of free patterns:


Also from Quilter's Cache, a look at the block as a quilt:


The only reason I was interested in this block was because a few decades ago, I had an antique block in this pattern.  I think it might be up at Beth's house now because I can't find it here.  Still, I wasn't that crazy about making a quilt like the one above.

I did however find a layout that was more pleasing to me over at Beaquilter:


I'm not sure I'll ever use this pattern but I wonder what the 20th century quilter was thinking when she made this.  Was it supposed to be psychedelic or something?


What do you think?

Flower Friday is approaching!  It seems like Fall is coming early here in Pennsylvania and I'm wondering how the weather is where you live.  Do you have any mums or asters blooming?  If you have any images to share, email me at allentownquilter@gmail.com

Have a safe and happy day!












No comments:

Post a Comment