Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Tuesday's This and That: September 10, 2024

 


Greetings and Salutations!

Today is about ideas and patterns on my radar this month.

"Quilted couch covers"  must be a new fad.  The pieces aren't what we would call a slipcover but an actual quilted piece.

 

Most of the photos of these show pets on the couch.  Of course there is no way I am buying this when it is simple enough to make.  There's even a variation with a piece for the back of the quilt, just ripe for Lucky to rip down and shake about.  😄 


I'm not buying these but I am thinking of making one for my couch in the winter.  I think some fun bright color during the dark days of January and February might be in order.  Would you make one of these?

***

Another item from my radar was this quilt called clippings.  I like this because it is a different pattern for a scrap quilt!


You can get the pattern at this link.  I think it is just a fun and different look!

I kept thinking that the shape of the blocks was similar to something else.  Sure enough, I found this photo on Pinterest for a star.  I followed the link to the Sew In Love blog and found a great tutorial here.  


If you rearrange the blocks you can get a neat pinwheel as well.  See the great blog to explore possibilities!

Are any patterns ringing your bell these days?

Have a safe and happy day!



1 comment:

  1. Love those quilted couch covers. I might make a version of these. We just got a new sofa, and at night I cover it with my quilts so the kitties won't use it as a scratching post.
    Haha - way too many patterns ringing my bell lately! I have that star pattern somewhere on my laptop but can't find it right now, thanks for the tutorial link. The clippings quilt is really cute.

    ReplyDelete