Thursday, February 8, 2024

Thursday's This and That: February 8, 2024

 


How are you today?

I heard on the radio the other day that most of the country is experiencing a warm spell.  I hope you are enjoying it!  Lucky and I have been taking more and longer walks.  It's been wonderful!

Alice sent a photo over of her shoofly.  Her uncle made it for her in 1946 or 47.  It was a rocking duck and she said she loved it as a kid.  It's in great condition and I love the wee quilt on it too!


***
Fabric inspired by the paintings of Gustav Klimt is popular.   If you aren't familiar with the fabric, you can look at it here.  I like the movie, "Woman in Gold" that was made a few years ago.  I highly recommend it.   Recently there was a story about another lost Klimt painting that surfaced.  I love the colors in this one and wish there was a fabric with these hues!  Read the story and see the lovely painting here.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the information about Klimt lost painting. It is truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete