Thursday, January 4, 2024

Thursday's This and That: January 4, 2024

 


Good Morning!

Well it's that time of year when designers are offering Mystery Quilts, Quilts of the Month, and other patterns that entice us to get back in the sewing room.   And then there are challenges!  I do like a challenge and it looks like my guild will be doing another UFO challenge which I enjoyed last year.  Anything special on your 2024 to-do list?

I did get one thing done this week...my first finish of the year.  The Winterborne quilt is finally done.  I'm unable to bind by hand still and going for more injections in my hand today.  To make things more complicated, Lucky wants to play tug-of-war with any textile I'm holding so for now, binding by machine it is (and only when he's finally tuckered out and taking a nap).

Not a very good photo but it's the best I can do these days.


The one thing I did sign up for was Karen Brown's declutter challenge (see here).  Unfortunately, I haven't done much yet.  I say that but yesterday's post about clearing out magazines made me feel hopeful.  I don't buy many any kind of magazine anymore because I just never get a chance to read them.  It seems like there is always something going on in the family that needs my attention.

With that said, my SIL is back in the hospital and her congestive heart failure continues.  I won't go into details but we are all praying for her as that is the one thing we can do.  Letting you know this in case my posting becomes sporadic again...

Have a safe and happy day!

4 comments:

  1. Rainbow Scrap Challenge is probably the only one I will attempt this year, though I am challenging myself to get at least 6 UFO tops completed. So what did I do on January 2? Started a new quilt! Prayers for your SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your SIL and sending positive wishes for her.
    Your Winterborne quilt is very pretty. Good luck with your hand!
    I am considering doing my own little RSC for this year and actually wrote down some goals for this month, although I refuse to call them goals, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winterborne is beautiful! I have to admit that I laughed a little when you said Lucky wanted to play tug of war with any textile in your hands. You have to love a puppy! I'm so sorry about your sister-in-law's worsening health issues - I'll send my prayers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleared out my magazines...now looking for someone who wants them! Prayers for your SIL and your hands. Love your first finish...mine will be awhile. I have 3 baby quilts to get going on but that is after the first finish for me!

    ReplyDelete