Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Snowy Sewy Day


Happy Tuesday!

The whole city is quiet.  The puppy is still curled up asleep and I'm enjoying the rare silence of an early morning snow day.  The snow began last night.  The storm came up from the south where my husband is working.  

We love snow days as children and happily, most of the school districts have closed for the day and not done virtual.  I think a snow day is important fun for kids.


For my entire adulthood, I dreaded snow days.  I hated--and still hate--driving in snow or ice or both.   

But now I'm retired and welcome this kind of weather.  Everyone knows I don't drive on a snow day and that makes this day even more cherished.  Yesterday I ran errands to make sure that my mother had everything she will need for her snow day.  

It's going to be a snowy sewy day and I'm so looking forward to just being at home.

Over the weekend, I finished binding this quilt.  I'm giving this to 7 year old Amelia. 



I'm almost done with this fabric.  I bought it about over 10 years ago (or more).  My 13 year old niece Christina picked out the fabric and the pattern she wanted for her bedroom quilt:  


The pattern at the time was from the book, Wonder Blocks by Terry Martin.  Christina had a queen sized bed and I bought a lot of extra fabric in case I wanted to make another.   Back then, I often made two quilts at one time.  But then...

Halfway through the project, Christina informed me she had painted her room purple so plans changed.  I did curtail the original project but made a couch quilt of these fabrics when she graduated from high school...and happily she loved the colors again.  

What are you doing today?  Many of you are being impacted by the same storm.

Today I'll be binding a baby quilt for Jenny, coaxing the dog to go to the bathroom out back, and deciding on my next project.  Our neighbor Howie plows us out and at least I don't have to worry about that.

Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy your day!

Have a safe and happy day!




 

1 comment:

  1. Amelia's quilt is beautiful, what size is it? Interesting that your niece liked those colors again when she graduated - lol!

    ReplyDelete