Friday, January 26, 2024

Flower Friday: January 26, 2024

 


Each winter, I sing the praises of the snowdrop.  For the most part, the plant begins to sprout in January and it is the most delightful reminder that spring is around the corner.  It is only 53 days until spring and I for one can't wait.

Here's what my snowdrops look like now as the snow is melting:


The seed catalogs have begun to arrive and it's time to dream about gardening and maintaining our plants.  Here's a clever meme for you to remember later this year:


And another about planting for our dear bee friends:


Are you dreaming of spring flowers?

Wishing you a happy weekend!









2 comments:

  1. All the snow has melted this week. We had three foggy days and now just rain. The birds are cheeping as though it's March. The iris have poked tips above the ground. I've read that this exposure doesn't hurt the rhizomes (or for tulips, etc., the bulbs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE seed catalogs but try not to look at them since we moved here. We have a much smaller gardening area compared to the acreage we used to be on. And I miss looking at them, but I know I'd order seeds I really can't use.

    ReplyDelete