Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Kerry

 


Kerry crossed the rainbow bridge on Monday.

She had been slowing down by the end of last week and on Sunday she became more ill.  She was not in pain but couldn't keep food down and it was clear that the prednisone was no longer working.

She did see all her friends and loved ones on Sunday and on Monday we took her to the vet.  He did say he was surprised she had made it this long.

We all really miss her and it is so sad that this puppy had to leave us at only 3 years old.

I think you will understand that I just need a few days to grieve.  I'll be back next week and wish you a safe and happy week.

7 comments:

  1. My condolences. It is hard to loose a puppy. Our pets are such an important part of our lives. Know that Kerry is running with the pack - I'll ask our Percy and our other doggie friends to say hi to her from you. Take the time you need, it is important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't expect this to happen so fast. I guess we never are ready for something like this. I'm so sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michele, I am so sorry to hear that. Kerry seemed like a sweet and happy dog. Sending you quilty hugs. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had such sad news at the vets and hope your mother takes the news well. I've been away and have just caught up - I loved the day the humming bird took a fancy to your dressing gown.......fun. I think I might use something in the style of the dress hanger covers as an embroidery piece for quiet evenings, thanks for sharing your lovely finds, I wish you peaceful times, Elaine in UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so sorry. It is one of life's cruelties that our animals do not live as long as we do. My heart is with you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is never easy losing our beloved pets. They really do become members of the family. Lovely Kerry is resting now and being lovingly remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when she joined your family. She was lucky to have you, and you to have her.

    ReplyDelete