Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tuesday's This and That: May 30, 2023

 


Happy Tuesday!

I hope that all of you had a wonderful holiday weekend!

My husband is home and getting hand surgery tomorrow so if posts are sporadic this week, that's why.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

I had some finishes over the weekend!  I finished Karen's bird quilt:


Finished 4 quilts for Christmas that are based on the "Out of the Blue" quilt pattern that was a free tutorial at Riley Blake's blog.



Three of them were blue and white like this one:



I had a long talk with Beth on Saturday.  We always make sure to chat at least once a week for at least an hour (usually longer).  At one point, Beth considered getting rid of some of her Civil War reproduction fabrics.  My advice this week was to use them up.  The price of fabric is so high these days and there are always people that like muted tones.  Don't you agree?  

I'm actually working on using some of mine up right now.  I have a jelly roll of Barbara Brackman's "Baltimore Blues" that I won a few years ago and am using them up to make a gift quilt (not even sure the recipient yet).

What are you working on?

Have a safe and happy day!

2 comments:

  1. My friend went fabric shopping and found things quite expensive. She says she went home and hugged her stash. I still like Civil War reproduction fabric. It has the colors I like to work on best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are perfect finishes and using up from my stash is a commitment I have made. There are lots of ways, and this quilt is a great example of doing it.

    ReplyDelete