Thursday, April 15, 2021

More Sunbonnet Fever...


Mitchell's Department Store (somewhere near Kansas City) featured a weekly ad with the Bertha Corbet Melcher's Sunbonnet Babies.  This one is from 1907.


You've proved again why I love the sunbonnet babies and Sues!  I've gotten so many emails and comments about your appreciation or lack of it to the quilt pattern!  Before we close this particular topic for a while I thought I would share a little more with you.  Even if you don't like the sunbonnets, Sue P. suggests you check out the"Sunbonnet Sue Does Hollywood" quilt here.

Robin made me roar with laughter when she emailed me this:

 "I made a Colonial Lady quilt about 20 years ago. It was kind of a joke. My daughter was nudging toward 30 and still unmarried. I told her it was because she didn't have a Colonial Lady quilt in her trousseau. So, I made her one.
(Anatomically speaking my quilt is a little better proportioned than the one you own. ha! ha!)
It took a while but she got married the same month she turned 30."

Lastly, I want to share a Sunbonnet Lady that is actually quite pretty:


Tomorrow is Flower Friday!  What's blooming in your neck of the woods?  Share with us by emailing your images to me at allentownquilter@gmail.com


Have a safe and happy day!

 

1 comment: