Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Tuesday's This and That: October 3, 2023



Happy Tuesday!

I know a lot of people love pumpkin-everything this time of year but I prefer apples.  Fresh and crunchy, the weather usually feels as crisp as the apples.  Last week, we had a very cool week and even wore coats occasionally.  Yes it was weird for our Septembers.  This week it is warm again and I even had to turn on the a/c.  

What is your favorite food this time of year?


I do have another food question for you.  My husband and I were talking about this last week after I made tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.  

He was wondering if people outside the valley added milk instead of water to their canned (usually Campbell's) tomato soup.  We always added milk and still prefer that...

 

That's all for today except...here's another image of my apple quilt, circa 1940



Have a safe and happy day!





4 comments:

  1. I'm a milk girl when it comes to Campbell's tomato soup. Never another brand when it comes to tomato! We're going to have high temps until Friday, then about a 20-degree drop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in Maine and we always had Campbell's soup with milk. At some point in the past 30 years I switched to water but I might just need to try it with milk next time. Campbell's soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are a staple at my house, especially when we go camping. Love the apple quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made with water it is tomato soup. Made with milk it is cream of tomato soup. :) I usually make soup from scratch but haha make Campbell's when I make grilled cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always had it with water, but Mom started adding milk later in her life and told me about it, and I love it that way. But I like it with water too - lol! The best tomato soup I ever had was one time Mom was in the Heart Hospital in OKC. They employed an actual chef in their kitchen who made the most wonderful and fresh tasting tomato soup - no cream of course (heart hospital). Mom raved about it, and I have tried to duplicate it ever since with no luck. But grilled cheese and tomato soup - that is a staple at our house!

    ReplyDelete