Monday, October 9, 2023

Teddy Bear Quilts

 


Happy Monday!

Today I thought I would feature some Teddy Bear quilts and patterns.

Quilt block from a circa 1940s coverlet.

Nancy Cabot pattern, 1934

Pattern featured in the Omaha-World Herald, 1942

Laura Wheeler pattern, 1941

Below are some I found on Etsy:

For whatever reason, I think this one is from the 1950s or 1960s.

This one appears to be from the 1930s.  But I had the backing fabric in my stash at one time and the border on it is more modern than vintage.




I often find the cruder pieces most appealing.  Like this one from the first half of the 20th century.  I suspect it was supposed to be appliqued.


The last piece is from my collection.  Someone sent it over to me via one of my mom's friends.  They didn't know where it came from or who made it.  For whatever reason, I can't seem to part with it.  I just think it is adorable.





Have a safe and wonderful day!












No comments:

Post a Comment