Friday, October 6, 2023

Flower Friday: October 6, 2023

 


Happy Friday!

Well it's been a while since I shared anything for Flower Friday and obviously, you all have been busy as well.  I chose Chip and Dale for today's post because now that Kerry has passed, the chipmunks and squirrels seem to have invaded our garden.

Today we have some wonderful photos from Nann!

Bumblebee intent on liatris (blazing star)

Bracket polypore fungus.  Doesn't look like a flower?


Coneflower seed head:

Thanks Nann!


Back at our home front:  We couldn't attend Katie's wedding because of the funeral but Denise brought us a lovely bouquet of flowers.  Some of the flowers wilted quickly but the roses bloomed last week and were lovely!


Here's what's left of the bouquet.  I added some beauty berry to the vase.  It's the purple in the foreground.  My brother loves this bush right now.  He said, "It's Minnesota Vikings purple!"  


It cheered him up when he stopped by.  My sister-in-law had a stroke last week and I was glad to have something at my house that could make him happy.  We are all still praying she makes a full recovery.  September was a very painful month for the family.


I am whacking back things in the garden these days but was surprised by this pretty rudbeckia that decided to bloom.  Such a happy yellow!

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Did you sneak a picture of my beauty berry? It looks just like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like life is coming at you - I'll pray for your sis-in-law! Sorry to hear about Kerry, but she had the best care.
    I don't know if I've seen this blog of yours, I'm off to read a few posts.

    ReplyDelete