Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Tuesday's This and That: October 10, 2023

 


Happy Tuesday!

Baby it's cold outside!  There's something weird about going from hot and humid weather to 39 degrees Farenheit (temp this morning at 5 a.m. while I write this).  I remember when I was younger waiting until November to put the heat on.  I briefly put the heat on yesterday until the afternoon sun heated the house. 
 
I also donned my faux-silk long underwear which always does the trick.  I did have the silk version at one time but they didn't hold up as well as the polyester.  I hope you are staying warm!


***

Thirteen days until my hand surgery!  I've been sewing up a storm because I know it will be a while before I'm able to sew after the procedure.


Noreaster is done and is for our home.  I made it from snow themed scraps:


Another finish is this snowball quilt using 19th century reproduction fabrics.  I love the conversation prints in the center of each block.  It's a twin sized quilt and I'm not sure who I'm giving it to in my family, probably my brother.



Last winter I hit the Christmas stash and scraps fairly hard.  I had decided to make a couch quilt for Hugh, Jeff, and Drew's family.  I had already made one for Jenny last year.  I'm so glad I had these tops pieced.  It's more important to get these to them this year after the untimely passing of Paula (their Mom).  My machine quilter is making sure I get these done before the hand surgery.

This is one of two quilts that are the same.  The second one will be done this morning when I finish the binding.  The third piece is still at the quilter's but will be ready for binding later this week.


These quilts are full of little pieces that will inspire the imaginations of the boys' little ones.


Wishing you a safe and happy day!












4 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas blues quilt! The 16 patch Christmas quilts are very pretty also, they will be treasured by your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Noreaster quilt! Those sixteen patches are favorites of mine. So your surgery is Oct 23?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have definitely been sewing up a storm! Noreaster is beautiful! I love those pretty blue prints. All three are great finishes. Have a wonderful Tuesday, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you have been sewing up a storm Michele. Wonderful finishes on these interesting patterns. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete