Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Remi's Doll Bed

 



Happy Wednesday!

I've been busy and haven't written and will be on and off with the blog the next few weeks.  Monday is the hand surgery and I'm getting life in order before that, helping my brother, caring for my mom, and other family members.  It's been a lot.  I also got my covid and flu shot at the same time and slept for an entire day afterwards.  But life is okay.  

I have gotten a little sewing in here and there.  Two weeks ago, I went to my mom's in the morning as usual and she was laying on the couch.  "I feel terrible.  I must be sick again."  

Throughout the craziness of the last few months, my sweet niece who lives outside of D.C. has been cheering us up by texting photos of Baby Remi (now 16 months old!).  I can't download photos from my phone but there was one sweet photo of Remi with the doll we bought her.  She was trying to feed dolly with her sippy cup.  Such a cutie pie!  I reminded my mother of that as she lay on the couch and told her, "I just passed a yard sale and they had doll beds out."

"What?"  My mother became alert, "where was this?  How much was the doll bed?  What did it look like?"

"I don't know how much it was, I didn't stop.  It was in between our two homes."

"We need to go check that out,"  Mother sat up and put on her shoes.

"You just told me you were sick!"

"I can be sick and go shopping."

Shopping has a healing power on my mother.


So went to the yard sale and picked up a cute plastic doll bed that even has a storage drawer under the crib for dolly's things.

I washed and sterilized it and sewed an ensemble for the bed.



I can't wait for Remi to come up and again and see her reaction to the bed!

I hope you are finding something pleasant to do during these autumn days.  This project was mine!

Have a safe and happy day!



3 comments:

  1. That is such a cute doll bed and I love what you put together for bedding for it! Best wishes for you for your hand surgery, Michele. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, so funny, it would be marvellous if a shopping trip for something you really liked would cure all ailments! The crib looks lovely, what a very nice find. Elaine in UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling little bed. The quilt, pillow, and little dog are just perfect. I'm glad your mom felt good enough to go help pick it out. Best wishes with your upcoming surgery. I hope it's a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete