Wednesday, May 1, 2024

 


Good morning!

Yes I took a break a little longer than expected but we all needed a few days to regroup.

Janet's funeral and memorial was beautiful and sad.  So many people came out to celebrate her and it was a day that started with grief and ended with gratitude that she had been in our life.

My brother is trying to keep himself busy still.  It appears to me that he is struggling at times but he is changing his daily routines to involve myself and my mother.  The one thing he wanted most was to see the little ones.  Remi (almost 2) and Nora (almost 3 months finally met.  


Remi saw Nora's little fist and gently gave her a fist bump which made us all laugh.  


We were happy that Maggie, Matt, and Remi spent Saturday night up here so we could play with Remi the next day.  I finally got to give Remi her doll bed, doll, and accessories I had made for the baby doll.

She loved the whole set-up and then (as I expected) explored the doll crib up close and personally:


Better try that bottle out:


Lucky and Remi also got to meet and although we kept Lucky muzzled as a precaution, things went well between toddler and puppy.


So it's back to life again.  But we take some sweet memories of the weekend with us.


Have a safe and happy day!








3 comments:

  1. So good to see a post from you, Michele. I always think that babies and little kids make the hard times easier - they are life at its best. And puppies, too - Lucky will give your family lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little Remi. So precious to watch. And when she grows a bit, you have sweet Nora in the wings. Little ones are a wonderful diversion from life's woes and stresses. Enjoy! Good to hear all went well for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the service went well and that your brother is doing things to get through it all. Although if he did nothing that would be OK too, everyone grieves at a different pace. I feel for him. I don't know how I would do if I lost my spouse - not very well that's for sure. Little Remi is so cute and her pleasure in her new goodies is very apparent. Nora is a little doll!

    ReplyDelete