Friday, May 3, 2024

Flower Friday: May 3, 2024

 


Happy Flower Friday!

Most of us are diligently working in our garden:  pruning, weeding, moving plants and getting a bit sore in the process.  😪

Last week, Lucky and I walked in temps in the low 30s.  I often thought to myself that despite the cool temps, we were having a lingering spring and that was something to celebrate!

Alice's Wood Hyacinths are in full bloom!  Most of the older houses in the neighborhood have this flower in as well.  It's a hyacinth I can enjoy because it's not too fragrant!


My neighbor's dogwood put on a splendid show!


Another neighbor's lilacs fill the air with their perfume!


The bleeding hearts are fading fast...mostly because we had temps this week in the 90s on Monday and in the high 80s the rest of the week:


What's happening in your garden?

Have a safe and happy weekend!





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! There is not much better feeling than "dirt tired"!
    I miss my big garden, but I don't miss living in south Texas, so I'll be content with my two small gardens here in north Texas! I have a few tomatoes, peppers, green beans, plus herbs, flowers and morning glories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a wonderful array of blooming flowers. Love that expression too as I have had that dirt tired but happy feeling often.

    ReplyDelete