Friday, July 30, 2021

Flower Friday: July 30, 2021

 Happy Flower Friday!


Sandra reminded us that even plants not known for their flowering abilities can be enchanting!  Here is her Sweet Potato Vine and Sandra said it took over the companion plants.  That lovely burgundy leaf color...Woowsa!


Betsy sent this photo of her perennial hibiscus.  It's gorgeous!  I have wanted one of these for years and finally bought one early in the summer.  It doesn't disappoint and is a great bloomer!



Sue sent these photos Lily and Rudbeckia!


Sue said this as well: "Not a great week for the swallowtails on the Turk's Caps.  One got eaten by a praying mantis whose prayers were answered."😱


From my garden:  one lone gladiola.  I bought perennial gladiola bulbs years ago but through the years some waned, some were moved, and some got dug up by mistake.  I love the flowers so  I want to order them again.  Isn't it pretty?

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. There were tons of glads at the farmer's market this week. I love seeing them but have never grown any. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete