Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Tuesday's This and That: July 6, 2021


Hello and how are you?  Did you have a happy holiday?  How did your dogs make out during the fireworks?

Today I'm full of questions for you.  Like this one... 

Do you start thinking about Christmas quilts in July?  A lot of quilters do and I used to until my family had too many of them. 😁  Now I'm just using up what I have left of my holiday fabric.  I still have a bin full but I'm getting there!


Have you needed carpal tunnel surgery?  My right hand was done about 10 years or so ago.  I am noticing that it's feeling numb again which is weird to me.  Anyway, I see the hand doctor in two weeks so I'll find out more answers then.

What are you working on?  I'm binding a quilt and have another to do after that.  Also rearranging some blocks for a quilt for my niece.  

Hoping you have a safe and happy day!









 

3 comments:

  1. I haven't had the carpel tunnel surgery but sometimes my wrist and hand hurt terribly. I found out that it doesn't bother me at much if I quilt for half of the time (usually an hour) in the morning and then stitch again in the late afternoon or evening. Also, I've discovered that I don't quilt at the frames or with a hoop, it doesn't bother me at all. I've quilted some small quilts that were basted and it seems to work out fine. Oh, and I don't think you can have too many Christmas quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I retired I had tendonitis in both wrists but it hadn't gotten to carpal yet. Now that I'm retired I have "sewing machine elbow" on my left arm which I do exercises for and remember to get up from the machine every now and then! The tendonitis is basically gone. I used a microscope for over 40 years, now I use a sewing machine. We all need to take care of ourselves!
    I participated in a Christmas in July last year, but never got past the top stage so I guess it doesn't work for me!

    ReplyDelete

  3. could it be that you have arthritus in your thumb area?

    ReplyDelete