Thursday, July 8, 2021

Dinosaur Garden

 I've been having fun with the little boy across the street.  He was not speaking that much and would never say hi to me that much because he was shy.  He does however know sign language.  But things have changed somewhat in our relationship.

About a month ago, I told him I had dinosaur eggs in my garden and I was scared of them.  He bravely came over and collected the eggs and the dinosaurs in them for me!

Last week, I did something different.  His grandmother told me last summer that he loves tactile plants--particularly lamb's ears and cock's comb.  So I made him a little dino garden of his very own:





No dinosaur garden would be complete without some stickers:


He loved it!  Well he loved the dinos !!!
😁


What's going on in your neck of the woods?  Tomorrow is Flower Friday!  If you would like to share garden or flower images, please email me: allentownquilter@gmail.com

Have a safe and happy day!



2 comments:

  1. Sweet and very thoughtful of you. We have an autistic grandson (now a 20-y-o college junior) who communicated with sign language for the first few years. His favorite toy was his Etch-a-sketch where he did math problems at the age of 3. You are doing a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing ever! I think children his age have been very shy lately because they have been so secluded. What a fun way to bring him out of his shell. Pardon the pun!

    ReplyDelete