Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Tuesday's This and That: February 27, 2024

 


Good morning and how are you today?



In about 10 days we change the clocks and spring forward.  As usual, my body is already preparing for spring.  I'm falling asleep at 9 p.m. and waking before 6 a.m.  Later in the season, once daybreak occurs at 5 or 5:30, I'll be up with the light then.  I read that this desire to be up in the morning means I'm a "lark".

Although we are familiar with the concept of a night owl, a lark is an early bird morning person according to Wikipedia.  Are you a lark or an owl?

Now some of you may have not heard of this word:


But technically none of us are really what this words means one who stays up late or doesn't sleep at all.  Usually it refers to a party animal and most quilters I know do not conform to that definition.  Or do you?
***

This week's resolution:


***

Spring is surely coming and Lucky saw his first baseball game (on tv) on Sunday.  He was intrigued with the Philly Phanatic and then curled up on my lap and fell asleep.  However he does look cute sporting his baseball jersey!



Have a safe and happy day!





2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a Lark! Almost always up before 6 am, too. Even back in college I couldn't pull an all-nighter. I promise not to buy any fabric on Feb 30th or 31st, lol! Have a wonderful Tuesday, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his jersey! Hopefully this is the Phil's year to win it all!

    ReplyDelete