Friday, February 23, 2024

Flower Friday: February 23, 2024

 


Good morning!
Can you feel the spring creeping in?

I'm dreaming of zinnias...lots of them for the next season and the good part is the flowers are always available as plants as seeds.  I have no idea why I am gravitating towards this flower but at least I'm hankering for an easy flower.  What are you in the mood for this coming spring?


There (as of Thursday) still a lot of snow on the ground here but I did find some weeds...that are unfortunately flowering already.   Fairly soon I'll be working out there and pulling what weeds I can.


I'm not sure what wing flowers are...but I found this interesting quilt pattern for the blooms:


The closest thing I could find was "bluewing flowers" or Torenia.



We can purchase this plant as an annual in our region.  I'm just wondering do you have any idea what a wing plant is?

Have a safe and happy weekend!







2 comments:

  1. I found my first crocus this morning! I love zinnias, too - I hope I remember that when it's planting time around here. I've never heard of wing flowers, but the torenia is sure pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved zinnias for a long time. I planted several packets when we lived on acreage, and I've never seen so many butterflies in my life! It was glorious. I miss having the space in our yard for lots of them, but I'll definitely plant some. I've not heard of a wing plant. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete