Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Lucky updates

 


Good morning!  
Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm talking about Lucky, the baddest best dog in the universe.  I should call him "the cheesemaker" because his biting--although improving is evidenced in a lot of my clothing.


My clothing at this point resembles Swiss cheese because of him biting at my pants and sweatshirts.  And often he has a look of unholy glee (not unlike the illustration above) while he is doing it.

We will never know Lucky's true backstory.  My husband speculates that someone along the way must have encouraged the biting behavior.  Brad said when he was young, one of his guy friends had a small dog and thought it was funny to tease the puppy to bite him (don't ask me why, I don't have a Y chromosome).

But Lucky is improving.  He is settling into our routine more and we are also learning better ways to divert him from negative behavior.  He seems to love his life with us.  It's a little unsettling--but also a relief--that he behaves better for my mom and my neighbors than he does with us.  It reminds me of toddlers who often exhibit that kind of behavior.  

Lucky also loves sticks and he can be stubborn and ceaseless in quest for a stick.  So when I saw this video on pinterest, it made me laugh so hard that my husband had to see it and then he laughed like crazy too.  It isn't Lucky, but it sure exhibits his kind of behavior:


If the video doesn't show properly, you can always see it here.



He's a handful at times.  But at night, when he curls up on my lap, he gives the sweetest sigh of contentment before he drifts off to sleep.  It makes my heart full of love for our sweet boy.


Have a safe and happy day!






2 comments:

  1. Awww Lucky looks like a sweetheart and a very happy boy! So glad he makes you smile.
    He reminds me in a way of our recently adopted stray cat Gus. It took a few months to adjust to us and our 4 cats, but he finally seems very happy and likes to squeeze between us on our bed at night. When he first lies down, he sighs like Lucky and I swear there is a smile on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky is sure Lucky. I am sure he was encouraged to bite...I remember training my son and husband that tug of war with socks meant they would always be a toy! I am so glad he has settled into your hearts.

    ReplyDelete