Monday, January 8, 2024

Snow is Delicious!

 


Some dogs--like Teddy and Seamus--loved snow.


Other dogs just tolerate the snow.  Pretty Scout didn't run around the yard with abandon the way that Teddy and Seamus did. Snow just wasn't her favorite weather:


So when we were preparing for our first snow storm of the year, the question we received a lot was "How will Lucky react?"  We really had no idea.  

I took him out in the first part of the snow storm when there wasn't too much accumulation on the ground.  I've heard that some dogs don't like to step in snow--although that's never applied to our standard poodles.  I figured I better get him a little used to snow before there was more on the ground.

Turns out Lucky thinks snow is delicious!   I could barely get him to turn around so I can snap a photo of him.  He isn't supposed to graze in the garden so he turns his back to me (like a kid, he thinks if he can't see me...I can't see him 😁).




But once we had a couple of inches on the ground, Lucky went a bit bonkers.  Bounding and leaping, he resembled a rabbit more than a dog.  My brother asked to get some photos of him in the snow to show Janet in the hospital...

BUT HE'S JUST TOO FAST!




Thankfully the red suit gave me some clue to as to where he was!

Quick shake off the snow on his back and...


he's gone again!


His excitement and delight was so much fun to watch.  I was lucky this time, Brad was home to help out with a brief couple of walks but I think Lucky is getting more acclimated to using the backyard as his loo--it's a big problem walking a young crazy dog in ice or snow.

Did you get any snow this past weekend?  We only got about 3-4 inches (not counting the sleet).  

Have a safe and joyful day!



3 comments:

  1. Lucky is so, so cute! That is hilarious. I hope your sister-in-law gets to come home soon. No snow here, but a miniscule chance for some on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12" in Maine. So much fun to watch the joy of those who love the snow play in it...me I tolerate it but dislike the inconvenience/dangerous conditions it often causes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos of your frolicking pups! Not much snowfall here in northeasternmost Illinois, but there's a lot of winter ahead of us!

    ReplyDelete