Monday, June 24, 2024

Potato Chips

 


As a child, I had an uncle from the coal regions who sold potato chips.  So we always had potato chips at home.  Of course, being the problem child, I didn't want the chips.  I craved pretzels.


One day last week, I was scrolling through Pinterest and came upon an interesting block.  

Some one referred to as a "potato chip block".  Wait, what?  Yup, I'm behind on some of the newer blocks available to quilters.  I never heard of it.  Have you?  I spent a lot of time investigating this and in case you haven't heard of it, the main video I found of it is here.

But there are lots of variations to this.  One woman (with a very entertaining video) made a "twisted" variation of it (see here).

I found interesting color variations on Pinterest:




Apologies if you are a savvy quilter and already made some potato chips.  But if you aren't, you probably have a lot of strips of fabrics that you want to use up in a scrap quilt.  I hope this helps!

Have a safe and happy day!







3 comments:

  1. I was determined to not be enticed by squirrels this summer, I've already made at least 10 potato chip blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have instructions for potato chip blocks but have not made a one yet - maybe that's a good thing? LOL! I do like that twist version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blocks - thank you.
    I'm also looking for simple blocks right now... it's supposed to be a blanket.
    Actually, I'm mostly missing matching pieces of fabric... and so it's usually just a runner or pillow :-)))
    Many greetings come to you from Viola.

    ReplyDelete