Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Tuesday's This and That: October 8, 2024

 


Happy Tuesday!
How are you today?

***

All men love chocolate chip cookies.

Any of you who have a lot of men/boys in your family probably have memorized the chocolate chip cookie recipe as well.

While I was ill, I craved something sweet.  I remembered I have this book:

I'm rather glad I remembered this because I had completely forgotten about the book once the covid lockdown began.  I bought the book because 

I found it appealing that each quilt pattern is named after a different type of cookie.  I was always the cookie baker in our family and used to love baking.

However, as I looked through the book I didn't like the pattern for chocolate chip cookies.  Of course, I picked up my tablet and  looked up quilt patterns for chocolate chip cookies and found one!

I not only found a chocolate chip quilt pattern I like but a whole block of the month patterns FOR FREE that are offered.  Katie Mae has a pretty neat website and you make want to check out the quilt patterns here.  I think the patterns are only offered in October so get them now!

***
I finished the quilt top I talked about yesterday.

It's not that big only 53 x 60 but it is so heavy because of the many 2.5 inch squares.  Because of the weight, I decided not to put a border on it.  And...I still have more of the squares in my flour can.


I guess I could make 4 or 9 patches with them but I am wondering if you know of a pattern (perhaps with less weight) that incorporates these little squares?

***

Wishing you a safe and happy day!











No comments:

Post a Comment