Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Tuesday's This and That: July 2, 2024

 


It's a beautiful morning and I wish you a happy day!

This week's offerings are a bit varied.


The story I am sharing here is about some young kids who decided to make the world a better place.  They are a real inspiration and I think it is wonderful that they were also proud that they are Girl Scouts.  You can watch the video here.  The organization that the girls also has a website.  You can view it here.



***


Even Lucky the puppy knows that nothing happens in our world until I have one cup of coffee in the morning.  He just lays around until he sees I'm done and then we head out to the park.  Even as a kid, I loved coffee.  Nana Betty would let me have some (much to my father's horror) at her house.  I just loved the flavor.

The headline on this article made me laugh:  

How Coffee Helped the Union Caffeinate Their Way to Victory in the Civil War


The article is good and you can read it here.

***

Lucky is a shoe thief.  He'll steal a lot of things (to get attention) but fortunately, he hasn't chewed any yet.


Next to Cinderella's glass slippers, the most famous shoes in the world must be The Wizard of Oz's Dorothy's red pumps.  I vaguely remembered that the shoes had been stolen at one time.  Here's the update story that you might find interesting. 


Have a safe and happy day!





No comments:

Post a Comment