Thursday, May 23, 2024

The Heat is On!

 


Happy Thursday!

Well the heat has returned this week.  We have a good 29 days until summer but it feels like it's here already.  Today I will be packing away the summer clothing once and for all.  I did that earlier but then it got cool and I ended up pulling sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts again.  I think it is finally warmer days now.

If I didn't have air conditioning, I'd be changing bedding as well.  I'd be substituting warm quilts for summer weight coverlets and bedspreads like these:





Above and below were appliqued and embroidered on sheets.


With the changing of the temperatures, our routine changes as well.  Most of my work is done in the morning and Lucky gets lots of exercise during that time.  Mid-afternoon is for reading, sewing, or even napping (depending on how much work I did in the afternoon).  The evenings we visit neighborhood friends and watch the ball games.  It works for us.

I wonder if your routine has changed as well.  Is your garden blooming like crazy at this point?  Tomorrow is Flower Friday and please feel free to share goodies from your garden by emailing me at allentownquilter@gmail.com!

Have a safe and happy day!

2 comments:

  1. It gets warm starting in April here in far north Texas. I always feel cheated out of "real" spring. The only blooms we have right now are tomato and Scarlet Runner bean blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've completed the seasonal transition, too. That included the dishes as well as clothing. I made the summertime bed quilt in 2006 and each year tell myself I ought to make a new one. (Shoemaker's child goes barefoot once again.)

    ReplyDelete