Monday, April 22, 2024

Old Hourglass Patterns

 


Good Morning!

Since I'm working on an hourglass quilt, I thought I would look up some old hourglass patterns.  I found some interesting ones!

Nancy Page, 1934:


Laura Wheeler, 1934:


I also want to thank you for all your input on making this quilt!  Everyone agreed that I should keep going and indeed, quilt it with red.  I was visiting my neighbor Saturday evening and showed her the photos of the blocks and she went crazy for it!  She actually begged me to make it as big as possible for her so it is no longer going to be a crib quilt and I'll be diving more into my stash and scrap quilts.

Karen--my neighbor--is an artist and collects all kinds of vintage memorabilia that she displays artistically around her house.  When she began collecting many of the mid-century items, no one wanted them and she had amassed quite a collection.  Anyway, I'm happy to make this for her and am excited that she wanted AND that she thought red quilting would be perfect for her.

How is your sewing coming along?

Have a safe and happy day!



1 comment:

  1. I am stitching those little appliqued hour glass blocks so of course, this caught my eye. Interesting idea there with the chain and hourglass together. These old designs are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete