Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Candy Land

 


Happy Wednesday!

How many of you played Candy Land when you were a kid?


I'm making a scrap quilt right now that I refer to as "Candy Land" because I chose colors or patterns that reminded me of the game.  My brother and I used to play it occasionally.

Anyway, I had fabric in the right colors and decided to make a scrap quilt.  I chose to make hourglass blocks but didn't want them to match.  I don't do well applying a casual attitude towards color and fabric choice.  So I pulled a bunch of scraps and made a bunch of hourglasses...

Originally, I wanted to just piece it all into a crib quilt.  I made a four patch as an example.


And then I made another:


Then I even scanned the two blocks together, placing them side-by-side:


I wanted to make this into a crib quilt and thought it would be fun to use white quilting thread or (GASP!) red quilting thread.

This is waaaaaay out of my wheel house.  Thoughts?

Thanks and have a great day!




3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you have to walk on the wild side. Through caution to the wind and say what the heck! Just do it! Love the colors. Very cheerful. Might as well pull out all the stops and quilt it in red. You are one wild gal. I haven't played Candy Land in about 2 weeks. Grandkids are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy Land was played with my children and then with the grands. I say go with red thread for quilting, it will be perfect! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes to the red. It is outside our comfort level but kids would love it and not know it was pushing boundaries :)

    ReplyDelete