Thursday, September 19, 2024

Thursday's This and That: September 19, 2024

 


Good morning!

Here are some this and that's for you today!  If you read my other blog, apologies--it's pretty much the same post.

Saturday (September 22) is National Jelly Roll Day.  I don't think I have any more rolls in my stash (have to look though) but I do have a lot of 2.5 strips leftover from other projects.  Do you have a favorite jelly roll pattern you use?

***

I read this book last week and enjoyed it.  The book is often described as a scrapbook and features what one bookseller found in old books (some things going back to the 1700s!).  It was interesting and sometimes ironic.  I got it as a used book for about $2.00 and it was worth that price.  It's a quick read and just interesting what people leave (and forget) in their books.  Passing it on to my neighbor now...

***
Speaking of books, my friend Sam shared with me that she found two more quilt themed children's books.  I'm sharing with you in case you want to pick up either or both for the young ones in your life.

The Quilt Garden by Tessa Yakshin and Alena Karabach.

Lizzy Albright and the Attic Window 
by Ricky Tims and Kat Bowser--

Yes Ricky Tims of the quilt books and The Quilt Show!


***
Tomorrow is Flower Friday so shoot me any photos you may wish to share by emailing:  allentownquilter@gmail.com

Have a safe and happy day!



No comments:

Post a Comment