Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Grandmother Clark's Old Fashioned Quilting Designs, Part 2

 


Happy Wednesday!

Today concludes the images from Grandmother Clark's Old Fashioned Quilting Designs Booklet published in 1931.  Of all the designs in the book, the Poinsettia, featured on the next two pages are my favorite.  I always forget to include this one in the holiday posts.  It was also featured on the cover of the booklet.








Puss In The Corner (above)  reminds me of linoleum floors I've seen in old houses.  What do you think?



I hope you enjoyed and possibly can use some of these pages for templates or inspiration!

Have a safe and happy day!













2 comments:

  1. That is a fun bit of quilt history. Mom taught me without rotary cutters. We used card board to trace triangles - crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually woke up thinking about my Granny Mitchell this morning and how she hand pieced and hand quilted all of her quilts, without any trips to the quilt store or rotary cutters or cutting tables. I have a few of her quilts, and there are tears in some of the blocks. I need to figure out how to repair those!
    I spent part of yesterday looking up the Spinning Pinwheel block (one of the blocks you posted about) and am currently trying to figure out how NOT to have to paper piece it - lol!

    ReplyDelete