Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Christmas Tea Quilt (and not mine)

 


Happy Tuesday!

I was hunting for some more Christmas/holiday quilt ideas from yesteryear and stumbled upon an article from Pennsylvania that intrigued me.

December, 1933:



What's a Christmas Tea Quilt?

I had no idea.  All I could find is this blurb about how much the ladies made from the quilt:


Aaah, so maybe it was not a quilt pattern that the newspaper was referring to but a Christmas Tea that featured a quilt of some sort (punctuation matters).

Still, I looked up tea related quilt patterns and was surprised at how many there were in Brackman's Encyclopedia.  "Tea for Four" is still a pattern used by quilters and can be found here.


Nancy Page published a "Tea Leaves" pattern in 1939:


There was even an art deco style "Tea Pot" published in 1900.  I couldn't find an example but if you have Brackman's book you can look it up.

Personally, I'll still choose coffee but it's been a fun exploration.

Wishing you a safe and happy day!



4 comments:

  1. Fun read, as I sit here drinking my coffee…

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems no matter the topic you can find a quilt pattern to suit! All interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm not a coffee or tea drinker but I think teapots are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I used to collect small teapots - most of hers got broken in a move, and I gave away most of mine. This makes me miss them!

    ReplyDelete