Well I didn't get as much done as I thought I would last week. I was going to finish the Twinkle quilt but ran into a snag.
Before I start a major quilt project, I bring out my trusty notebook and record dimensions and numbers of blocks I will need. For Twinkle, I wrote I needed 48 small blocks. When I got around to making the small blocks, I looked at that number and thought..."what were you thinking?" I looked back at the pattern and it said 14.
Except...I was making the lap quilt and the baby quilt said 14 blocks needed and the lap did indeed need 48. I'll go with Bonnie Hunter on this one:
I put Twinkle aside for now. I knew I wouldn't finish the remaining blocks in a week and I just needed a break.
So I pulled out some leader and ender blocks and started making a table runner with acorn fabric.
I did as much as I could. I'm having two operations on Wednesday. One is carpal tunnel. And the other is a new surgery for severe thumb arthritis. Anyway, the type of surgery is new and I'm number 26 in a study of 50 patients who get the new procedure.
The problem is that my thumb was measured by the PT office a variety of ways. It was a little weird to find out that my thumb is only functioning in strength and dexterity at only 30 %. Afterwards--and even today, all the moving around and measuring just hurt my hand more. So I haven't really sewn at all since then.
Tomorrow I'm going to write a post early for Flower
Friday. If you have any flowers to share, please email them to me today so I can include your photos. I'm not really sure when I will be posting again after surgery.
Friday. If you have any flowers to share, please email them to me today so I can include your photos. I'm not really sure when I will be posting again after surgery.
Wishing you a happy and safe Monday!
It is what it is. Meanwhile I've also cooked and frozen a lot of meals for the next few weeks.
Best wishes for successful surgeries and a speedy and complete recovery, Michele
ReplyDeleteYour acorn runner is adorable! Sounds like just the fun little project you needed. I'm sorry for the pain you've been experiencing, Michele. Sending good thoughts for your surgeries and hope for a successful outcome, too!
ReplyDelete