Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: September 27, 2022

 Happy Tuesday!

The leaves on the trees are predominately still green with a little color showing here and there.  When is your leaf peeping season?  Our most colorful leaf season is usually October.

Sue sent me a photo of her Autumn Leaves quilt.  As you can see, hers is the original pattern with a more circular pattern of leaves in the center of the medallion:


I thought hers was in peach but she sent another photo.  The borders are pink.  I like hers so much!  Here's the actual color of the quilt:


Over the weekend, I saw another leaf quilt that I liked on Etsy:


I just like that she made her leaves in changing colors.  
The seller has the provenance to the quilt and said it was from the 1930s--because it was made by a grandmother or great grandmother.  My initial thought was that it was a 1950s quilt.  Any thoughts from you when it was made?   Whatever it is, I like that she made her leaves changing color:


Wishing you a happy and colorful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment