Friday, May 14, 2021

Flower Friday: May 14, 2021

 Happy Flower Friday!

Sue asked if I knew what these were and I do.  These purple flowers are English Hyacinth or sometimes referred to as English Woodland Hyacinth.  They spread like crazy.  Sue said they were at her house when she bought it and they were also growing here when we moved in--but ours are white.  

Betsy sent a photo of her pretty columbine and I think that is a lovely Japanese fern in the background!

Betsy's allium!!!  So pretty!

My astrantia is beginning to bloom.  It's on the left of the photo above.  I'm really printing this because I sent Diann some seeds and now that spring has sprung in Colorado, I thought I would share what the foliage looks like if she planted the seeds!

May apple flower!  I got May Apples from my friend Pam and they always make me smile.  She was such a sweet woman and a great gardener.  I really miss her!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I intend to spend all my time in the garden this weekend!

Have a safe and happy day!










2 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! I am embarrassed to tell you I don't know what happened to the astrantia seeds. I have definitely misplaced them somewhere... ;( But yours are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If those columbine are orange with yellow centers, then they are wild and I love them!

    ReplyDelete