Friday, October 30, 2020

Flower Friday: October 30, 2020

 It's Flower Friday and time to share photos of floral images to brighten up the beginning of our weekend--and of course--Halloween weekend.

Here's a smile for you!

 Sue sent this enchanting photo of her cat to us.  
The photo has the perfect title:  Linda in the Lilies!

Some of the last flowers in my garden:



On the sewing front, Suebee sent a photo of a panel she has and wants to work into a quilt.  She is looking for suggestions.  
The panel is "Venice" by Robert Kaufman.
I've seen a pattern using this panel here that I liked here.  I'm might change the side blocks to flying geese instead of the stars but anything Sue chooses to do with this I'm sure will be fantastic!  It's such a pretty panel!

For you that embroider, you might like this embroidered block design from a 1951 issue of Needlewoman and Needlecraft.  It's very seasonal and features the flowers, Chinese Lanterns and Honesty or Silver Dollar plants.

How it can look embroidered:

Have a safe and happy weekend!









1 comment:

  1. For Suebee, I just saw this panel in a quilt using the pattern Grand Central. I'll email the picture to you and you can pass it on to Suebee. If you Google Grand Central quilt pattern, you'll see that it is a very popular pattern to use with panels.

    ReplyDelete