Monday, August 17, 2026

Sewcation!

 


I'm writing this on Sunday.  If all goes well, family members are picking up my Mom today and taking her to the beach for a week.  Some of the family decided to give my brother and I a break; so for the next 5 days we will be taking care of ourselves and having some fun.

I intend to sew a lot this week.  My next hand surgery is on August 26.  I'd like to get my "Twinkle" top assembled and a baby quilt as well for Katie (neighbor).

What will be really nice will be that my most energetic times are in the morning but that is when I have Mom duty.  My brother takes over in the afternoon. So it will be really nice for the two of us.

Today (Monday) is also a good day.  For about 15 years, our dishwasher has been broken.  My husband always balked at replacing it because we can just wash our dishes by hand (translation:  I can wash all the dishes).  I mentioned to him that after my surgery he'll probably be washing dishes for weeks.


Suddenly purchasing a dishwasher was really REALLY important and our new appliance arrives today.


I'll be back for Flower Friday but in the meantime...
have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment