Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Tuesday's This and That: August 16, 2022

 Happy Tuesday!

It's hard to believe that it's mid-August and almost time for the kids to go back to school!

Last week I posted photos of some of my star quilts.  Robin shared with me a post she had written on some star quilts she inherited from her Great-Aunt.  It's a wonderful post full of photos and history of her Aunt Mollie.  Please go over and visit it here.  

The second star quilt photo has an unusual aqua incorporated into the stars.  I think that fabric might be what we call "centennial green" and unusual aqua that appears to have only been sold around the time of the Centennial in 1876.  

These quilts are wonderful treasures.  Robin, I would suggest you have them all officially appraised if you can.  They are treasures!!!

Do you have any antique/vintage star quilts?  Please share as I think that many of would appreciate the inspiration!

Have a safe and happy day!

 

 



1 comment:

  1. Robin's article regarding Aunt Mollie and her quilts is most interesting and the photos beautiful. So well written. Those quilts are real treasures. Loved seeing the clothing patterns. I've read about the early paper patterns in Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker and Crusades and Crinolines but had never seen any. Thanks to you both for sharing.

    ReplyDelete