Thursday, June 30, 2022

Rudbeckia!

                                                                                                                                                             Happy Thursday!

I've been puttering and weeding the garden for most of the week.  The next few days I'm going back to the sewing room as the weather will be hot and I need to rest my body.

In my garden, the rudbeckia--or black eye-susans--are blooming in full force.  They always make me happy.


The flowers are so cheerful that it seems like the whole garden is smiling when these flowers are blooming.

I was surprised to find out that this quilt pattern is referred to as "Black-Eyed Susan":

The pattern was marketed in 1953 by Anne Cabot.  I have seen this pattern in a vintage quilt but always assumed it was a dahlia type pattern.

What is happening in your garden?  Tomorrow is Flower Friday, so please share what's blooming in your corner of the world by emailing me at allentownquilter@gmail.com

Have a safe and happy day!





No comments:

Post a Comment