Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Men Who Quilt: An Update

 

You might remember last year I ran a series called "Men Who Quilt" and featured some of the men that I had researched who made quilts.  Joseph Deibert was one of those men and I wrote about him here.  

Last week I received an email from Joseph's great-grandson Andrew!  It was a wonderful surprise and what was more exciting was that Andrew sent me two more photos of Joseph and Emma's quilts!  Thank you Andrew!  These are owned by Andrew's brother in Millersville, PA.


This quilt depicts the prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep..."

The second quilt appeared to Andrew as being "unfinished."  It's hard to say what the makers' were imaging.  I suspect it was a wedding or anniversary quilt judging by two monograms at the top of the centerpiece:






Andrew continues to hunt for more of his grandfather's quilts and if I hear anymore, I will be sure to let you know!

💢💢💢

Please be sure to email for your free covid tests today at covidtests.gov!

Have a safe and happy day!



2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to get a new "chapter" to your research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, hunting down the elusive quilts of grandfather. It would be so interesting to know what was in his mind as he chose to make these.

    ReplyDelete