Monday, November 29, 2021

Romper Babies #2

Happy Hanukkah!


Wishing you a joyous 8 day festival and a lifetime of light!

🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯
 
Today I'm posting three more romper babies.  Donna suggested putting a watermark on my the images so if someone pinterests the designs, another person can find their way back to the blog and all the romper babies.  Took me a while to figure out how to watermark, but I've got it now.  Thanks Donna!

I've learned more about Hubert Ver Mehren because the Uncoverings book I ordered arrived last week.  Susan Price Miller wrote a very interesting article on the Home Art Studios.  First off, she spells the family name Ver Mehren which I'll respect and assume is the correct spelling versus the VerMehren I found in the newspaper.

Another insight was that the family did not publish all the patterns offered in Needle Art Novelties.  The author does not think that the name Nancy Lee was an alias of the Ver Mehrens but a name used by a Needleart Company.

So who drew our Romper Babies?  We may never know and I'm going to just refer to the patterns as simply "The Romper Babies". It's easier for us all to remember as well.  

This week's Romper Babies:


Child's Romper #2022:  Love the bunnies!




Close-up of pocket.
Flip side:



Child's Play Apron No. 2135:



Close-up of the sunbonnet:

Have a safe and happy day!







1 comment: