Monday, November 30, 2020

Men who Quilt #1

 


I've known for some time that men enjoyed quilting.  British soldiers sewed while recovering during the Crimean War.  I think this fellow photographed might be one of them. A few years later, some disabled Civil War soldiers sewed quilts as well.

I have a fairly large folder on "Men Who Quilted" in my files.  If memory serves me right, I remember being amazed at all the articles I found on men who quilted in my area.  I thought I would do periodic features because they are interesting...and fair.

This is one of my favorite articles and I marvel at this little guy from Knoxville, TN.  He taught himself to sew at age 3!

Then there is my least favorite quilt man.  My husband had some choice words for this fellow that I can't write here.  😉

Have a safe and happy day!








1 comment:

  1. This will be an interesting series. I do hate it when people offer gifts with conditions! I would love to think that the hospital said nothing but ignored his restriction.

    ReplyDelete