Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Suffrage Drinks



Alice Paul toasting the passage  of the 19th!

Many of the suffragists were aligned with  the temperance movement so it may seem surprising that there was a suffrage cocktail:

Somewhere along the line, I read that there was a "Suffrage-Ade" drink served at an American hotel in London at one point.  I can't remember where I saw that now but I do know that "Suffrage-Ade" became a popular drink at the begining of the 20th century.

Some of you may be experiencing warmer weather this holiday weekend and wish to try this beverage.  I found a recipe that you might wish to try--and it's even safe for kids!
Have a great day!







1 comment:

  1. Makes me think of the rhyme: "One martini, two martinis, three martinis, floor." The Suffrage-ade is more my style but, boy, that's a lot of sugar!

    ReplyDelete