Thursday, June 13, 2019

I Like Thursdays: June 13, 2019

June is always a busy month for me and this year is no different.  I'm traveling to groups and giving lectures.  Monday I'll be in the Pocono Mountains to visit the Mountain Laurel Quilt Guild and present my program on Ruby Short McKim. 

It's always so much fun to visit with guilds and chat with the members!  

Today is raining and I'm happy for a much needed break from weeding.  The weekend weather looks good.  My hubby is on his way home and tomorrow is his birthday; I'm looking forward to hanging out with him!

Earlier this week we had a visitor in our neighborhood.  This heron landed on the tree above my neighbor's house!  




Scout is tired this morning.  She had a playdate with Harlow and Rascal yesterday.  Scout hadn't visited them since she was a baby.  She had so much fun with them!  They are labradoodles and were best of friends with Seamus when he was alive.





On Tuesday, I had posted some photos of quilt patterns I found for my friend Beth.  I found two more in the bag that I hadn't posted.  They are outfits for the Betsy McCall doll!  I loved when my Mom got that magazine every month so I could get paper dolls.  I just read that the paper dolls were published in the magazine for 44 years!  Why can't magazines do something fun like that anymore?  


 Beth will definately appreciate this one.  It has a 4-H outfit for the dolls!  
Beth has taught 4-H kids to sew.

Lastly, I purchased a new old quilt last month and thought I would share photos with you.  The pattern was designed by Anne Orr.  I rarely buy crib quilts anymore (I already have a ton) but I had wanted one of these for a while.




I hope you have a wonderful week!
For more "I like Thursdays" posts, visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color!








2 comments:

  1. Those appliques look so well done. A very nice quilt. I loved those Betsy McCall cutouts also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a great picture of that heron! I love to see the dogs playing together! They look like their having fun! I love buying old quilts. I really like the one you just bought. The applique looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete