Thursday, May 2, 2019

I like Thursdays, May 2, 2019

I'm sharing the same post on both of my blogs this morning (I have another blog called 3 Poodles and a Nana that is here).  In a few months, I'll be launching a new blog series at both blogs so I want to learn to synchronize the posts now.

I like Thursday is a day when we share things in our life--or that make our life--a more positive experience.  If you are interested in reading more positive posts, check out LeeAnna's blog, she shares all the folks that participate!  What has made you happy this week?

I'm happy because my husband has been home and although he leaves again this Saturday, it's been great having him here.

Scout when she was a pup and Greta.
On Sunday night, my Mom called at 11 p.m. upset because Greta had fallen down and couldn't get up.  I was really afraid for Greta and worried that this was the end.  She is 13 now and Scout just adores her.  I am happy to report that Greta is recovering.  She has a sprained hip and tonsilitis (I'm not kidding about that) but is responding to treatments.  We are so happy and grateful to have Greta's continued presence in our world!
I like wild violets.
When I was a kid, we moved to a postwar subdivision and the soil was clay upon clay.  My brother and I hated weeding in that soil; I think my Mom used to make us do it when she was annoyed with us.  However, there was an old house that we used to pass when we walked home from school and the soil there was rich and dark and there were wild violets everywhere which I would pick to take home.

Years later when I began gardening, my Nana Betty always told me:  "we don't weed the wild violets."  She loved them too and everytime I see them bloom this time of year, I think of my sweet Nana.

I like my silly girl. 
Everytime we pass this dog statue, Scout has to go give it a sniff.  It reminds me of The Velveteen Rabbit but Scout never seems to remember that it isn't a real dog!
Scout got a haircut on Tuesday but she refuses to model this morning.  It's a bit of slug morning for her!  More photos later!


I'll be in Wind Gap, Pennsylvania next week at the Heart In Hand Quilt Guild.  I have a new trunk show called The Girl in the Postage Stamp Quilt and Other Stories that I will be sharing with the members.  It's always so fun to visit guilds and especially the ones I lecture at regularly!

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with those wild violets. While I love the color they bring, they love to invade my front yard. I just have to accept that I'll never have the perfect lawn of some of my neighbors. Who knows, maybe they envy me my wild violets!

    ReplyDelete