Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Part 3: December 2016 LV Quilt Study Meeting

Well here are the final photos from last week's meeting!  Barb G. brought some quilt ephemera that we all enjoyed looking at!
 Somethings from the 50s/60s

 Other patterns that were much older!
 A variety of patterns for feedsacks--or as Barb explained--Cotton Bags, the original name.
 A truly polyester piece!!!
 Postage stamp from the 70s--Barb had pieced this together!
 And a delightful basket quilt with a variety of prints to examine!

 Nine patch or white cross:

 Cyndy brought in a signature quilt from the 19th century.  I have to apologize, my photo was so blurry that I can't post it.  All I have left are these close-ups.  This is a fascinating piece.  It not only has signatures, it is inscribed:  "Made by the Ladies of the Presbyterian Society of Portland Pennsylvania  March 1880"


 Close up of a signature:
 This is what I brought in to share.  It is a kit quilt from the 1950s
and a sweet grandmother's flower garden from the 1960s:

I won't be posting for the rest of the holiday.  I wish each of you a happy and safe holiday.  Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment